Boxed Ornaments to Make at Home
Makes a great family activity over the holidays
Give a blank boxed set of ornaments to a friend or family member to decorate at home.
How does it work:
- Purchase the boxed ornament kits. Each kit will contain 2 -10 ornaments, paint brushes, a pallet of under glaze colors for decorating and a print out of inspirational ideas.
- Call and arrange a time to pick up your kit. 414-249-5902 Choose your shapes when you pick up
- Give the blank ornaments as a gift to others to decorate or decorate them yourself as a fun activity.
- Return the decorated ornaments in the box along with the brushes and under glazes to the shop for firing & Glazing. (If you want to have completed ornaments for Christmas gifts they must be returned by Dec 15)
- Pick up your finished creations. You will receive a call when ornaments are fired and ready to pick up. In about 2 weeks depending on firing schedules
Shapes are available in limited numbers and vary in size.
Under glaze colors are red, green, yellow, blue, black, brown and white (under glazes look lighter and can easily be wiped off and repainted before firing in a kiln.) Under glazes must be fired to 1200 Degrees F to be permanent and achieve their very bright and vibrant colors )
No time for firing? Want ornaments for gifts but you aren’t able to get them done before Dec 15? No problem! Simply use any kind of model or acrylic paints instead and you are good to go. No need to fire or glaze them. Note: (We do not provide acrylic paints) Model Empire 7116 W Greenfield Ave, directly across from us sells them. This type of finish should be used for items NOT going in the kiln. We will not fire ornaments with anything other than the under glazes provided****
Pick up Times T-Th 10am-8:30pm , Fri & Sat 10am-2:30pm
December 1, 2022 - January 10, 2023
10:00 am - 3:00 pm